To become successful one has to use the resources at their disposal effectively so as to achieve their goals in the shortest time possible and with minimum waste. To get a better understanding of personal effectiveness and how it can be achieved, let’s take a look at the top 10 traits exhibited by personally effective people.
Traits of personally effective people
- Determination. Personally effective people are highly determined. This allows them to focus on achieving their specific goals without being distracted by spontaneous desires or other less important things. This can be achieved by developing self-discipline.
- Self-confidence. This comes about as a result of becoming self-aware, knowing your actions and their consequences, and trusting yourself. It is manifested in appearance, speech, gait, dressing and physical condition. To develop self-confidence you will need to get a better understanding of yourself and your capabilities, develop a positive attitude and believe that by performing the right actions and achieving the right goals you will eventually reach success.
- Optimism. Effective people must believe that there is much to achieve and much good in the world and that it is worth fighting for. It is only by believing that the future can be better will you step up and take the responsibility for making it so.
- Managing stress. Stress can quickly make a once effective person less effective. Managing stress is, therefore, crucial for personal effectiveness.
- Persistence. Many people fail because they are not persistent; they try once and when they fail or meet an obstacle they give up. Highly effective people keep moving forward regardless of the obstacles in their way. If you can overcome obstacles and maintain focus, then any goal can be achieved.
- Problem – solving. We can all agree that no matter what you do, regardless of how simple or complex, problems are likely to arise along the way. Being able to solve problems on the fly increases your efficiency when you are chasing after your goals.
- Time management. Time management is a person’s ability to plan and control how they spend their time to effectively accomplish their goals. Without proper time management, achievement of goals would take too long and thus negatively affect personal effectiveness.
- Planning. They say not planning is planning to fail, and I think they’re right. Planning should be done for every minute of time you have so as to avoid wastage. Planning brings you calmness, enables you to achieve more, gives you time to rest and will greatly increase your personal effectiveness.
- Creativity. Otherwise known as thinking outside the box. To be effective you have to be different, think differently and let originality and curiosity into your mind. These traits can be developed by putting yourself in an environment that allows you to think creatively and allows you to come up with new ideas, visions and solutions. Effectiveness and creativity go hand in hand.
- Self-motivation. Effective people are able to find motivation within themselves without relying on outside factors. If you can motivate yourself, then executing goals will be much easier as motivation is what gives you the drive to keep pushing. Understand what motivates you and use it to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
Developing personal efficiency is quite a difficult endeavour. It requires commitment and effort but the benefits are worth it. At CDL Insight Consulting we know that personal success can only come after one has gained personal efficiency, which is why we have developed the programs and expertise to help you achieve personal efficiency for great success.